What Le Valasi’s Beach Fales offers
Le Valasi’s Beach Fales is managed by Taula Faafetai & Helen Ah Kuoi.
Faafetai & Helen offer Beach Fale accommodation which is modern, clean and comfortable with a dining room, bar, and restaurant in the main fale, separate sleeping fales, toilet & shower areas.
The Main Fale is a 60 year old traditional fale built without nails, only using Samoan rope to lash all the ribs, posts & beams together. The building has been restored but damaged severely by a cyclone in 2012. Since then repaired but the thatching replaced by iron as it is less maintenance. A vent has been installed to allow hot air to escape & keeping the dining area cool. It is one of the few remaining original Samoan houses left in Samoa as more & more families are changing to the conventional Palagi house. All meals are served in this beautiful old building. A large lounge area to sit, relax & read or just stare at sunsets on a clear evening.
Across the road is the largest Giant Clam conservatory in Samoa. You can snorkel amongst clams up to 500mm across. The colours reflected by the sun are amazing. It is a must, to see while cruising around the island of Upolu.
Le Valasi’s Beach Fales is located 35km south west of Apia in the heart of Savaia – Lefaga, accessible by public transport or taxi service from Apia. The airport is only 1/2 hour away, transfers can be arranged at a small charge.
- Restaurant & Bar in Main Fale
- Sleeping Fales - are fitted out as a traditional Samoan house but with an inner sprung mattress, table & chairs. It is like a home away from home. They can accommodate up to 4 people in each
- Separate toilet & shower block
- Laundry facilities to hire
- Baby sitting
- Internet access is available
- Overseas trained nurse also on site
Available for Hire:
- Snorkel gear
- Beach Towels
- Beach Shoes
- Rental Vehicle can be arranged